Webasto error code help

NUTMEG

www.theblindsailor.co.uk
Just finished installing a new Airtop 2000STC and went to fire it up, but nothing happens apart from red light flashing and error code T12
579BF8A0-5240-447F-A8EB-9EBE60E5657D.jpeg
7C02F391-BE54-4B57-A2EF-1C4913014E46.jpg

Any ideas chaps

Last edited:

pvb

Visit site
According to the 2000STC installation manual, page 31, the wiring harness has three connectors labelled X9. These are X9a, X9b and X9c. Your Multi Control needs to be plugged in to X9c (see page 37).

pagoda

Visit site
Thank you. I searched Google but never found that link. Now, what on earths is the W Bus???

I would not be surprised if it is a Canbus / Car connection for remote starting the heater. W = Wagen auf Deutsche. Many stationary heaters for road vehicles are becoming integrated with the car's network. Not so in boats as far as I am aware, but it's only a matter of time before a Benneteau fitted heater will only work in a Benneteau. Eber also.

pvb

Visit site
Still confused but thank you. As far as I can tell, all connections are correct. Puzzled! I have emailed the company I purchased it from, we shall see.

There's a little note on the Butler Technik website that an extension harness (part 9031988A) is needed to use a Multi Control with a 2000STC.

matthewriches

www.matthewriches.co.uk
Yes you have an issue with the "canbus" side of things. Saw this recently where a customer had separated the plug to move the controller, and when pushing them together, one of the pins in the multi plug moved backwards and therefore there was a comms error.

May also be worth just trying a controller reset.

Last edited:

Rob_Webb

Visit site
Hey guys I’ve just got the same error T12 but after the system has been working fine for last few weeks. This morning it was working but this eve it showed error T12.

Any ideas?

matthewriches

www.matthewriches.co.uk
Just a hunch without looking or asking any questions...

With T12 on the screen, press the knob, select settings then reset, confirm ok.

When it reboots, you’ll need to select the correct heater on the screen then do the normal heating, switch on.

Hey guys I’ve just got the same error T12 but after the system has been working fine for last few weeks. This morning it was working but this eve it showed error T12.

Any ideas?

Rob_Webb

Visit site
Update. Now fixed. It turned out to be the main 15A fuse which was installed near the house battery bank.

This confused me because the error code was spectacularly unhelpful in that regard - for a start the online Webasto manual only shows error codes starting with F not T. And the link kindly provided above for another site (not Webasto) says T12 error means "Communications fault on the W bus". Well, we can argue the technicalities here but it would have been far more helpful if the so-called "Smart controller" was smart enough to give me a plain English error message (not a code) and to give me the correct error message (such as "Blown main fuse") not some obscure reference to a form of public transport!!!