Weatherproof 13 Amp Socket

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
Hi
I am currently in Florida and need to find a replacement for my external 13 amp weatherproof socket that someone managed to break.
it is a single socket with a switch alongside it and has a flap that has a clear window in it as weather protection.
Has anyone any idea where I can find one in the UK? I can then get it shipped out.
Any help appreciated.

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
Thanks
That will do but if I can find the exact match it will be easier to replace too the same hole etc.
The one I have is similar but the flap remains open when the plug is in. The fall just acts as a shield when there is no plug in.

Stork_III

Visit site
I have photos but cannot upload because my photo total allowance on the attachments library is exceeded and I can find noiw way of deleting some of them to make room?????

In settings, Attachments bottom left. Check boxes on RHS. button at bottom right, delete selected.

gjgm

Visit site
Hi
I am currently in Florida and need to find a replacement for my external 13 amp weatherproof socket that someone managed to break.
it is a single socket with a switch alongside it and has a flap that has a clear window in it as weather protection.
Has anyone any idea where I can find one in the UK? I can then get it shipped out.
Any help appreciated.
Can you read the brand name anywhere.. tbh, there are so many manufacturers of these..gone are days it was MK only !

vas

Visit site
View attachment 40040View attachment 40039

I only have occasional wifi access so can only upload files when I can get the wifi.

worth undoing the two screws on the side and pulling it off gently. Should be a name on it somewhere.
It may be VIMAR but maybe wrong there. How old is this socket? looks well weathered but may only be 5yo. Worth getting more than one once you find it ;)

good luck

V

MapisM

Visit site
It may be VIMAR but maybe wrong there.
I'm afraid you are V, but not much.
It's indeed Italian stuff, but made by Gewiss, not Vimar:
http://www.gewiss.com/prv/en/products/catalogue.l_ZP6000000000000001000023937700000.html

P, just google for Gewiss+GW22451, you'll find plenty of websites selling the thing.
Also the internal modules shouldn't be hard to find btw, just in case.
That aside, how's things?
I'd rather be in FL than in the Med, at this time of the year, but no chances to see you around here in summertime?

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
Thanks for there info. Much appreciated.
As an update, we normally return to the UK for there summer as its hurricane season where there boat is - we leave her in Ft Lauderdale, Florida.
The boat is truly great now and we enjoy cruising on her. Last season we cruised the Exumas and then onto the totally deserted islands of the Jumentos - or ragged Islands.
There we had whole islands to ourselves - the real paradise that you read about. Mind you had too share the swimming with a fair number of sharks and yoiu are we all away from any help so have to be independent. Its the stuff dreams are made of.
You can see a bit of the adventure here: http://www.multihulls4us.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5718
So yes, we are back about June, always by July 1st. A sort of perpetual summer for us. :)