Weather update for weekend.

Becky

Visit site
Imagine me doing anything with the weather /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

But XCweather.co.uk is giving NE, backing through Sunday night to NW, and going up to 24mph Mon midday with rain.

And FindaFishingboat.com is showing a lovely big depression for monday.

So...... it might be politic to be home by Sunday midday if you don't want to get your hair soaking wet. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

It may well be wet on Sunday. Certainly the conditions are deteriorating through the weekend. So there's nothing new there then. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Evadne

Visit site
I've already told SWMBO that we will probably have to resort to plan "B", and come home on the evening tide on Saturday. ECMWF shows it being particularly unpleasant on Monday and Tuesday, unless you like horizontal rain, and they're not usually wrong..

peterb

Visit site
Thanks for that. We're due to leave Gosport on Monday or Tuesday, heading for Guernsey. Mind you, my reading of ECMWF at 0000 on Tuesday suggests a NW 5, which shouldn't be bad for Guernsey. It might be wet and cold, though, so the Eberspacher may take a beating!

Brierley

Visit site
The law of sod, plus the Bank Holiday demons are obviously back out in style /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

We came home early from the last bank holiday jaunt after booking an extra day off as we got fed up with the strong winds and rain. At least the grim weather meant that there weren't any queues on the motorways on our way home as no-one else had bothered to go anywhere....

Sans Bateau

Visit site
If the builders merchant manages to deliver the fence panels tomorrow (they've had two goes!) then it'll be digging holes and mixing cement for me. Will the wind be strong enough to rearrange the panels like it did in Jan?

G

I certainly would not plan to come back from France on Monday!

But it is all down to a low that is currently over Canada. Its moving fast. In 2 days it will move from Greenland to Bristol. So conditions will change quickly during Sunday early.

But its just a prediction.

maxi

Visit site
Well, is that a good advert for a psychotherapist? look what you have started - now we are all depressed.

I'm going sailing anyway, but may be home before Monday.

Robin

Visit site
The BBC have changed the forecasted wind for Monday 3 times in under 24hrs. Last night I called some friends in Portland to say we might seem them this weekend as Monday was going to be blowy from the SW. Whilst I was talking to them I looked at the web page again and the forecast wind had gone from SW to NE and blowy, so maybe it will be the Solent direction from Poole then after all. Today the wind is forecast to be SE and blowy and wet and we don't do wet AND blowy if we can help it! At least we weren't planning another Cherbourg wine run as both home and boat are still fully stocked.

It seems they cannot be sure where the expected low will actually pass.

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
Meeting in Yarmouth on Friday evening and intending to take some of the club's smaller boats to Poole on Saturday. That should be fine but I'm not too sure about getting them back! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif