Weather bomb about to hit UK

Lakesailor

Visit site
Walney 1 and 2 have 102 turbines between 137 and 150 metres high.

Another 108 turbines west of Duddon Sands , same sort of height

another 30 at Barrow 120 metres high

another 30 at 163 metres high at Ormonde

They all join together into an enormous blot on the seascape

Bit of luck they'll all blow over.

Last edited:
Visit site

Im just looking at those out of my window on the Centrica CP1 gas platform out here wondering how they are going to get on tomorrow. We have been grounded out here with no chopper flights for next couple of days expecting max wave height of 8.5 meters and wind speed around 75 knots so should be interesting.

Spyro

Visit site
Not the SofE, but there's a biggy running at Hunterston near Largs.
167 metres diameter, so just over 80m per blade.
Tip height overall is 193.5 m.
Mitsubishi 7 MW.
And they were erecting another one next to it last week. From Where I was it looked bigger than the first.

JumbleDuck

Visit site
Ah but good old Weatheronline is still showing force 6 with gusts to 44mph for Ardrossan. I'd go sailing with that forecast.....

Every single Calmac service west of Kintyre is now showing as cancelled for tomorrow, except the Oban-Coll-Tiree service which is showing normal service. Mind you, it doesn't run on Wednesdays.

ANDY123

Visit site

Don't forget Robin Rigg

Even Chance

Visit site
Aye, just a wee bit blowy, nothing out of the usual for winter really here in Thurso, Caithness. Surfers will be out today, theres some good surf conditions on Thurso East. Few lightning flashes out over Orkney this morning on the way to work, rain, but no snow.

Even Chance

Visit site
What's the sea temperature locally? It's 13.4°C in Brighton today...which is uncommonly warm, or so I'm told. I won't be testing that.

Says 11.2 today in Thurso. We get the Gulf Stream here though, as it should be a LOT colder up here!
Still quite mild really here. Going a run in the car at lunchtime, so will have a better look at the sea then. The Stromness lifeboat went out this morning to a Spanish trawler that had its wheelhouse windows smashed in to the West of Orkney. They should have been in the lee of the islands like every other boat out there. Idiots, putting the LB guys lives at risk!

Robert Wilson

Second Coast, Ross-shire, overlooking Gruinard Bay
Visit site
Says 11.2 today in Thurso. We get the Gulf Stream here though, as it should be a LOT colder up here!
Still quite mild really here. Going a run in the car at lunchtime, so will have a better look at the sea then. The Stromness lifeboat went out this morning to a Spanish trawler that had its wheelhouse windows smashed in to the West of Orkney. They should have been in the lee of the islands like every other boat out there. Idiots, putting the LB guys lives at risk!

+1