Weather apps

roa312

Visit site
I am doing quite a bit of spearfishing/snorkling/diving locally but have often been disappointed by the local weather institutions ability to forecast currents (direction, speed), wave heights and even windspeed on some occasions. As such, I thought I would ask here if anyone know of good weather apps with these informations and where you find the forecasts to be reliable? There are so many apps to choose from but I find that this particular information is often a premium feature - and I don't feel like paying until I understand if the information is good or not. Many thanks!

Hooligan

Visit site
PredictWind is the best one I have used. It does cost though if you want granular detail but i use it for crossings especially and find that it is accurate on all fronts you mentioned and very uptodate.

www.predictwind.com I believe

Coustea1

Visit site
Your location is stated as Denmark - I have no particular sailing experience in that area. I use Windfinder Pro which has always been accurate and detailed in terms of wave height, direction, momentum, wind etc. It is subscription based.

Boathook

Visit site
We don’t need weather apps in the UK.

when we can’t go out.....it’s perfect weather.

when we can go out....it’s crap weather!

if you must use an app ‎Windy: wind & meteo forecast
I use meteo and a friend uses windy. At 7 days ahead they can both vary in the forecast a bit, mainly on timing of winds etc. Upto 3 days ahead they both seem to match. Same applies to The Met Office forecasts though this on the land ones. It's a shame they the met office, don't give an idea of the inshore forecasts for upto 5 or 6 days ahead.

Mr Googler

Visit site
I use meteo and a friend uses windy. At 7 days ahead they can both vary in the forecast a bit, mainly on timing of winds etc. Upto 3 days ahead they both seem to match. Same applies to The Met Office forecasts though this on the land ones. It's a shame they the met office, don't give an idea of the inshore forecasts for upto 5 or 6 days ahead.

I like the compare function for the different sources.

all these apps and websites use data from the same source providers. I find ECMWF and GFS27 to be the most accurate. If the 2 are close to each other.....it’s normally right.....occasionally ?

you can’t beat looking at the charts though Bracknell Synoptic Charts 12 - 120 hours | NOTAM Info

68DF899F-70D9-4F4F-8C13-15C5E6B366CD.jpg