We are looking for health insurance as will be livaboards from march 31st

nortada

Visit site
I pay Barclays 12.95 a month, I get car breakdown and travel insurance. All my ailments declared including cancer and heart issues. Only issue is, max 31 days at a time away. Covers me and mine up to 12 miles offshore as well!

Just PMd you.

We get similar cover from Nationwide?

Bit direct, what age bracket are you in❓

If you are a Portuguese resident you should be covered by the Portuguese Health Service - always looked after us very well.

Bloody forum software and predictive text are making further comms impossible??

G’nite All?

Last edited:

Beneteau381

Visit site
Just PMd you.

We get similar cover from Nationwide?

Bit direct, what age bracket are you in❓

If you are a Portuguese resident you should be covered by the Portuguese Health Service - always looked after us very well.

Bloody forum software and predictive text are making further comms impossible??

G’nite All?
Need to sign up, the rest of the gang in Albufeira have.

t21

Visit site
Meh, health insurance.

The only health issue I have had is a girl crew who dislocated her shoulder. OUch! I zipped into Marigot, Marina Fort Louis, st martin French side, red van with four guys hoiked herinto the van/ambulance, I went along to pay and made quips about "could have been worse - could have been me!". Marina sorted the boat parking meanwhile. All fixed with an arm sling for €154euros.

nortada

Visit site
Uk issued EHIC only valid in Europe until then end 2020

As I understand it, future of the U.K. EHIC in the EU has yet to be agreed and could depend on the UK’s approach to EHICs issued by the EU.

Additionally, it may not be the same across the EU. For example, Portugal is saying it will continue to provide free medical care to visiting Brits, whatever ever the outcome of the EHIC negotiations.

jordanbasset

Visit site
As I understand it, future of the U.K. EHIC in the EU has yet to be agreed and could depend on the UK’s approach to EHICs issued by the EU.

Additionally, it may not be the same across the EU. For example, Portugal is saying it will continue to provide free medical care to visiting Brits, whatever ever the outcome of the EHIC negotiations.
Have they made the final decision then
Portugal considers subsidising UK tourists' post-Brexit healthcare
Portugal is considering offering British tourists subsidised post-Brexit healthcare in an effort to retain their custom in the Algarve, Lisbon and beyond.

GHA

Visit site
Never had health insurance but work abroad required cover so I've just upgraded revolut to premium, £72 a year with a few other benifits . Haven't read every t&c but it might be an option, revolut is a great card to have for travelling anyway.
What does the Revolut travel insurance cover? | Revolut Help Centre

edit - only for trips up to 40 days so maybe not.

Last edited:

STILL AFLOAT

Visit site
Due to England, leaving the EU, the EU health card, will no longer be usable, nor will form EU 121.
Due to recent experience abroad, I have found out, that the national health insurance, is not down to the country you live in, but, down to the country, that pays your disability OR old age pension ! ( Or Both )
If you are UK registered, but " LIVE " abroad, then it might be easier, to establish a Private health insurance, in your host country, rather than run the gambit of UK - EU mumbo jumbo, in these interesting times.
I can allready see the UK insurance companies, writing denial forms for any claims, due to their Cover All... Act of God, excuse.

Last edited:

nortada

Visit site
Due to England, leaving the EU, the EU health card, will no longer be usable, nor will form EU 121.
Due to recent experience abroad, I have found out, that the national health insurance, is not down to the country you live in, but, down to the country, that pays your disability OR old age pension ! ( Or Both )
If you are UK registered, but " LIVE " abroad, then it might be easier, to establish a Private health insurance, in your host country, rather than run the gambit of UK - EU mumbo jumbo, in these interesting times.
I can allready see the UK insurance companies, writing denial forms for any claims, due to their Cover All... Act of God, excuse.

Thought these decisions had still to be decided so please provide links confirming your observations in the first line in your post above.

STILL AFLOAT

Visit site
I dont have a link, as it happened during a telephone conversation, between me and the Danish Social Security Office !
READ : DUE TO RECENT EXPERIENCE ABROAD : I HAVE FOUND OUT .......
004570128054.... give them a call ?

Last edited:

nortada

Visit site
I dont have a link, as it happened during a telephone conversation, between me and the Danish Social Security Office !
READ : DUE TO RECENT EXPERIENCE ABROAD : I HAVE FOUND OUT .......

Thanks. Think the advice you get depends on where you are and who you ask.

Most of the stuff I have posted has been published by official Portuguese sources.

STILL AFLOAT

Visit site
Thanks. Think the advice you get depends on where you are and who you ask.

Most of the stuff I have posted has been published by official Portuguese sources.
I get the impressionm, that, despite the so called EU, each country, does things its own way !
I had to get the E 121, from Denmark.......
To take to the Spanish Social Security Office !
I had a whole page of instructions, with the Danish Papers....
Explaining exactly what the Spanish, would do !
Irrespective of all the Danish instructions.....
The lady in the Spanish SS office, took both copies, of my papers.
Ignored all the intermediate pages, turned to the last page in both copies.......
Stamped both, kept one copy & gave me the other ?
Now according to the Danes
The Spanish, should have kept both copies, filled them both in, and sent one set back to Denmark !
So, all I could do, was send the stamped e 121, back to the Danish DSS office, witrh a cover note..
Saying.......Its all right , you sending me an a4 sheet, of instructions written in Danish,
however the Spanish do things differently.
Here , you have the stamped set of forms, hopefully you can fill them in ?
I am still waiting for a response, some 3 weeks later !
Freja forbid, I should fall ill, in the meantime !
Take Care, Out There !

nortada

Visit site
I get the impressionm, that, despite the so called EU, each country, does things its own way !
I had to get the E 121, from Denmark.......
To take to the Spanish Social Security Office !
I had a whole page of instructions, with the Danish Papers....
Explaining exactly what the Spanish, would do !
Irrespective of all the Danish instructions.....
The lady in the Spanish SS office, took both copies, of my papers.
Ignored all the intermediate pages, turned to the last page in both copies.......
Stamped both, kept one copy & gave me the other ?
Now according to the Danes
The Spanish, should have kept both copies, filled them both in, and sent one set back to Denmark !
So, all I could do, was send the stamped e 121, back to the Danish DSS office, witrh a cover note..
Saying.......Its all right , you sending me an a4 sheet, of instructions written in Danish,
however the Spanish do things differently.
Here , you have the stamped set of forms, hopefully you can fill them in ?
I am still waiting for a response, some 3 weeks later !
Freja forbid, I should fall ill, in the meantime !
Take Care, Out There !
Sounds just about par for the course!

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site

Don't know where your experience was but, it certainly doesn't apply everywhere. Residence in Portugal includes free registration in health system and entitles resident to Portuguese issued EHIC card which I have. All pensions are UK based.

STILL AFLOAT

Visit site
Don't know where your experience was but, it certainly doesn't apply everywhere. Residence in Portugal includes free registration in health system and entitles resident to Portuguese issued EHIC card which I have. All pensions are UK based.
To ask such a question, infers that you have not read my post !
I clearly state, that it was between me..& the Danish SS office, and the Spanish SS office ?
What part, did you miss ?

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
To ask such a question, infers that you have not read my post !
I clearly state, that it was between me..& the Danish SS office, and the Spanish SS office ?
What part, did you miss ?

I didn't miss anything in the post I quoted, perhaps you can point out where the country references are in that particular post with incorrect information, copied below?

[QUOTE} Due to England, leaving the EU, the EU health card, will no longer be usable, nor will form EU 121.