We are alive and well in Dover

Nick2

Visit site
Thanks to the nice men from Suncoast we have now reached Dover where we are staying tonight. Learning lots with our on board tutorials and I now know to use one hand on the controls rather than my previous style....

Forecast looks favourable for the last leg to Hythe tommorrow as it was for Chatham to Dover today and even got the old girl upto 23 knots.

Bailed out of trouble by tr7v8 (thanks Jim) this morning who took the trouble to drive over to Chatham to pick me up to buy a new handheld VHF as main one busted so yet again the Forum turns up trumps.

Can't thank Suncoast enough for fixing this for me......... both his and Phil's approach and patience (with me mainly) has been first class - a slightly lumpy night passage into Chatham was a real event for us - with the security of the pros on board.

Problem...... only that my cherished new dinghy is covered in black soot but happily the boat has suffered no fuel problems ..... and yes I am a Soltron believer.

Will provide full report to forum in due course but thanks to everyone who has helped and been in touch before and during our trip .

Nick and Joanne

<hr width=100% size=1>Just can't understand why I'm not allowed to bring my new dinghy into the house.....

whisper

Visit site
Glad to hear you're enjoying it - the night passage will have been good training.
It's been a glorious day in Leicestershire - had to work in the garden/forums/images/icons/frown.gif- know where I'd much rather be. Have a nice run tomorrow.

<hr width=100% size=1>

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Always new you could do it, dont forget to keep both hands on the two big sticks. Mumble, mumble.

<hr width=100% size=1>
ship_in_a_bottle_e0.gif
Haydn

Renegade_Master

Visit site
They in Brighton now fueling boat seas like glass apparantly CGN 12.30

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.suncoastmarine.co.uk>Sun Coast Sea School & Charter</A>