Waypoint entry

Petercatterall

Visit site
Have recently bought a Garmin 152 to replace my old hand held. I have set it up at home and am generally plesed with performance however I have some questions for the more expert among us.
I do use a lot of waypoints for which I take off positions from the charts. I would like to be able to compile lists of way points for various areas and keep them on disk/computor and download them as required to the GPS. This to avoid retyping them in manually which is error prone.
Can this be done with the 152??
Will the equipment interface properly with the latest DSC radios (assuming that one appears in my Xmas stocking this year??
Thanks guys!!

<hr width=100% size=1>

davel

Visit site
Lots of programs around.
Take a look <A target="_blank" HREF=http://vancouver-webpages.com/pub/peter/idx_mapprog.html>here </A> for a list of them.

<hr width=100% size=1>Dave L.

G

The GPS Navigator Group

You will get a lot of advise and asistance from people already using various packages .........not only the Shareware / Freeware stuff - but also those using commercial stuff as well.

There are programs designed to upload / download Waypoints .... nav progs, celestial Sextant stuff even .......

The group is interested in just about everything to do with nav and GPS.

So again : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gps-navigator/

<hr width=100% size=1>Nigel ...
Bilge Keelers get up further ! I only came - cos they said there was FREE Guinness !

Petercatterall

Visit site
Re: The GPS Navigator Group

Thanks again, I need to see if the \GPS navigator\ and \GPS user\ sites are the same or or there two lots of people doing more or less the same thing.
First job though is to get the data link for the Garmin152, I was mislead into thinking that it came with the kit but, no, a further £30 squids required!

<hr width=100% size=1>