Wayfarer mk1 grp procter boom connection

sig7lad

Visit site
Hi all just joined this site as I have a wayfarer mk1 grp that I assumed was complete but seems Procter mast connector for boom missing also no kicker plus I understand the mast is in a tabernacle style to allow lowering so has one large pin or bolt plus smaller 6mm pin ? above was surprised no bolt or pin lower down any photos would be a great help maybe someone has the missing parts spare for reasonable price as having trouble understanding correct rigging looks like it maybe centre controlled but then why are the cables at back in adjusting blocks either side ?

Attachments

• IMG-20240830-WA0036.jpeg
    IMG-20240830-WA0036.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG-20240830-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20240830-WA0002.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4

searocket

Visit site
The mast should only have one pin in the tabernacle - the lower hole in your photo. 6mm is ok. The pin is only used raising or lowering the mast - after that it should be loose in the mast, the rig doing all the lateral support and the mast heel resting on the base. There is usually a stop on the mast heel .
You might find the Wayfarer book useful, it's a very comprehensive guide - available from the Wayfarer Association wayfarer.org.uk
For spares also worth trying aero luff spars - they are Wayfarer experts.
There is also a very active facebook group.