Waveline soft-tail tender

Gazza

Visit site
Am looking to replace an extremely battered and heavy inflatable with a new one. I've seen a Waveline soft-tail, 2.3metres, with an air deck.

I'm attracted to this by its low price and, as importantly, light weight and ease of stowage. I usually sail single-handed, with wifely company from time to time, so two is the usual maximum in terms of payload. The engine I'm using is the Honda 2hp four stroke which looks fine for the boat.

Anyone any views/experience with this particular make or soft-tails in general?

Any help gratefully appreciated,

Gary Miller

tross

Visit site
I have one which I use with a Honda 2.3 which I bought for exactly the same reason you are thinking about.

Good points - Airdeck - it keeps you dry and improves the rigidity, light weight and is OK for two people. You can just about launch it yourself from the boat. Good value for its price if you are not a heavy user

Bad points - I would not use it with more than 2HP as it tends to buckle the tubes.
I would not be happy with more than two persons for anything more than a very short trip. Make sure that you get one with the stainless outboard bracket the plastic dip one rust (badly)

Last tip - remember how it was packed - I can't seem to get mine back in the back correctly !

Parashandy

Visit site
In spite of the apparent preference in recent years for the solid transom inflatable, the soft-tail has always been the prefered option for many because the bouyancy compartments are fore and aft which allows a partially (half?) inflated tender to be carried on deck. I have an Avon with an airdeck which is excellent, even if a little heavy. The Waveline seems ideal.

Aja

Visit site
Agree entirely. I have one with the galvanised steel outboard bracket which is a complete pain in the neck.

Didn't know that stainless was now available - I've had mine for four years.

Where will I get a stainless one?

Donald