Watermota Sea Panther

ncritchley

Visit site
I hope this is the last time I have to bother the kindly people on this forum with my questions. This one's a bit embarassing.
I've nearly finished a top end rebuild of my engine. I took off the cylinder head, fuel, injection, water and oil pumps, and the chain cover on the front end. Plus various other bits and pieces that bolt on externally. I didn't touch the chains or sprockets themselves, so they should be all good for the timing. I replaced the pushrods, reground the valves, and did the valve clearances etc.
Unfortunately I now find myself with a spare circlip (see picture and £ coin for scale. ID is approx. 9/16"). I can't find anywhere that it should go, nor does it appear in the manual, but I'm 100% sure it came off the engine. It's entirely my fault for not taking photos ..... then I had a 2 year delay before reassembly, so I can't remember!
If anyone might have a clue I'd be very grateful.
Thanks!

Attachments

• circlip.jpg
    circlip.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0

fredrussell

Visit site
Can’t help I’m afraid but it might be worth asking on a ford car forum / I think that’s what this engine is based on, no?

ncritchley

Visit site
Thanks! I think you may be right. My rocker shaft doesn't have a circlip at either end (not now anyway). Everything's held in place by split pins. I'll take the cover off and have a look.....i appreciate this.....