Watermaker problem - Will it never end??

Cardo

www.yacht-tinkerbell.co.uk
After all the fun over the winter and spring, we were eventually furnished with a "brand new" watermaker two and a half weeks ago, as the original was clearly a total dud.
The new unit has been working fine for the last couple of weeks. Yay!

Until today.

I turned it on, and all I'm getting is loads of salt water coming out of the product pipe (at a much higher rate than the water normally comes out) and the unit refuses to build pressure. From my basic understanding of how these things work, it seems the membrane may have blown? Is that even possible?

I've emailed the supplier, but whilst I wait for a reply, I thought I'd see if anyone here had any ideas?

Cardo

www.yacht-tinkerbell.co.uk
Well, I managed to get it up and running again. Closed off the inlet hose between pump and watermaker to build up the pressure, then let it go to give the unit a "jolt" of pressure. Seems to have got it back to life. I had already tried this, but it hadn't worked the first couple of times.

Temperamental buggers, they are.

Marsupial

Visit site
Well, I managed to get it up and running again. Closed off the inlet hose between pump and watermaker to build up the pressure, then let it go to give the unit a "jolt" of pressure. Seems to have got it back to life. I had already tried this, but it hadn't worked the first couple of times.

Temperamental buggers, they are.

They shouldn't be that temperamental. It sounds like a sticky valve on the back flush side, but that said there can be many pathways through these systems, what type is it.