Water Skiing near Poole

KenLee

Visit site
I'm keeping my boat at Cobbs Quay - can anyone advise where I can take my children water skiing that's not too far away. I can't see any nearby designated skiing areas on the charts.
Many thanks.

G

When you come out under the lifting bridge and past the visitors marina turn right towards wareham follow the channel (10knot max) past the marines barracks and lake pier.

Off your port side is a ski lane if you follow that towards Wareham there is a floating platform for skiers but please when your going through the moorings spare a thought for us poor folks.

BarryH

Visit site
His right you know! The ski area is there. But one thing to point out is that to ski you should! join the PHWSA and have insurance to cover for sking, or so they say. Theres supposedly a marsall boat in the area at the weekends, but I've never seen it. Have a look at the Poole harbour web site they give quiet a bit of info and give a chart with the various zones marked.

Wha'dya mean "I'm always playing with this engine" its the only way to get it to run!

Geoffs

Visit site
You are supposed to pay PHC something like £150 pa to use the ski area in the Wareham channel.

Best place is Studland. Reasonably quiet sheltered water, but not so good in east or SE winds.

Old Chinese proverb 'Man who sail boat into rice field, soon get into paddy'