Water Pump for BMC needed URGENTLY

redhot

Visit site
Hi,

Can anyone help me.
My water pump on my BMC 1.5 (or 1.8, I'm not sure) has died.
Does anyone know where I can get hold of one.
Could you please email any replies to mike_clay@paper-man.co.uk as I am at work now and will find it awkward to get on the net.

Many Thanks
Mike.

<hr width=100% size=1>

wayneA

www.hitrapia.co.uk
Hi Mike

Have sent you a mail, but repeat here also:

I have a BMC 1.5 and use AMC and Thronycroft who still issue full parts for these engines.

Thornycroft Engines
P.O.Box 860
New Longton
Preston
Lancs
PR4 5GT
England

Tel: +44 (0) 1772 611144

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.thornycroftengines.co.uk/welcome.htm>http://www.thornycroftengines.co.uk/welcome.htm</A>

Hope this helps

Cheers

Wayne

<hr width=100% size=1><font size=1><font color=red>WANTED: </font color=red>Warrior 35 (pref mkIII)<font size=1>

johnneale

Visit site
AMC Preston is very good - I had to replace the lower capacity keel cooling pump with one that uses the heat exchanger - got a complete kit of parts plus new pump very quickly -
try phoning 01772 613003

<hr width=100% size=1>

oldharry

Visit site
You need to know which BMC engine you have. The 1.5 has the Injector pump mounted on the RH side at the aft end of the engine block, set at right angles to the engine. If not, its a 1.8, which was quite a different engine.

Adams Morey LDV (Leyland Daf Vehicles) are the manufacturers agent for the old BMC/Austin/Leyland concern.
Our local branch in Portsmouth have an extremely knowledgeable and helpful spares counter, and a computer database from which they should be able to identify your precise engine, advise on spares availability, and source them for you. Usually if spares are available but not stocked, they can be obtained within 24 hours.

There should be a branch closer to you, but Portsmouth branch phone is 023 9267 8678 /7677 (Direct line to spares.)

<hr width=100% size=1>