Watch out - 50 limit now in place on the A127

FullCircle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Which marine suppliers have had to obtain full Home Office testing and type approval for legal enforcement purposes??

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got a TV license from the Home Office - doesn't make my Telly work tho, hm?

FullCircle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Which marine suppliers have had to obtain full Home Office testing and type approval for legal enforcement purposes??

[/ QUOTE ]

We,, as its DoT, then I claim commercial liferafts. So there.

BrendanS

Visit site
Still doesn't need the same level of type approval as equipment used for legal enforcement, used to routinely tax, sorry, prosecute, people on a regular basis /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FullCircle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Still doesn't need the same level of type approval as equipment used for legal enforcement, used to routinely tax, sorry, prosecute, people on a regular basis /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Case not proven m'lud. No one has popped up to say they have deffo been done by an average speed thingy.

I haven't seen the DVPSOR for a speed camera, but I bet it is not half as onerous as approving a motor vehicle.

FullCircle

Visit site
I am not reading anything with pm in it. Its injurious to my wallet. The next one will be alright for a bit. Till we get fed up with him that is.

MoodySabre

Visit site
I hope you don't get one Brian ..........but it would prove a point of public interest /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Blimey - over 400 views and 32 nay 33 posts and all I was doing was trying to be helpful /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sixpence

Visit site
Oh definately helpful, but now I'm curious too. I've had a ticket from a fixed camera and issued tickets at the roadside but never heard from anyone that had a ticket from one of these variable systems. Hope you don't get one Brian, but it would certainly answer the question either way

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
I remember reading somewhere that if you change lanes between the cameras you don't register.
May well be another urban myth, but I find that subconsciously I do it.
Not been done yet.

Artemis_C2121

www.sailblogs.com
[ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen the DVPSOR for a speed camera, but I bet it is not half as onerous as approving a motor vehicle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now now slipping into a former life there, be careful it will bring back bad memories /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As a side issue why the bloody hell have they bothered to make 5 miles of duel carridge way a 50 limit, rush hour traffic it hardly ever gets to 30 never mind 50 and the rest of the time no reason to be 50?

Then they dont seem to follow any logic the two 40mph fixed cameras either side of the round about are only 100 meters from it seemed a bit strange as the average driver would be going a lot slower than 40

MoodySabre

Visit site
Some sources say they don't start until end of Jan but the 50 signs are up and the cameras are there see here

On one forum there was reference to the Dick Turpin Pub but the software had censored it to read
The **** Turpin Pub /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Artemis_C2121

www.sailblogs.com
Echo artical says they were turned on 16th Jan they are to reduce accidents and reduce conjestion and help the enviroment.

What utter utter BO****ks as i mentioned rush hour never gets any where near 50.
reported 4 deaths in 3 years plus 280 injured, perhaps the should be looking at it against number of journeys rather than time I think there are prob better ways to spend the reported £1.2 million it cost to install.
I am with clarkson on the environmental scam everything we dont like or want is now ramed down our throats, "Its to help saving the planet"

God help us all if the only measures they can think of is to spend our money on something that will make not a jot of difference.

Rant over going to drink now as i am so stressed /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif