Was it supposed to do that ?

oldgit

Visit site
Boat put back in water and taken across to mooring.Nip down later just to "check stuff"/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif.Hmm lets start engines to see if still attached to boat etc and just slip into gear to make sure.
Oooo blimey missus when push throttle forwards we go backwards.Need to think about this./forums/images/icons/frown.gif
Remember while putting props back on somebody asking"those props handed" Reply........Naa do not think so............. Oops.
Still at least I have my reputation as an absolute w............r still intact.

<hr width=100% size=1>My little Princess/forums/images/icons/laugh.gifthe 33 of course.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Well done oldgit, always good to hear of others balls ups /forums/images/icons/smile.gif. Suppose you could sit in front of the helm control and stick a sharp bit on the transom and become a double ender, problem solved!!

<hr width=100% size=1>

byron

RIP
Visit site
<font color=blue>/forums/images/icons/laugh.gifHope you got your wellies marked L & R

<hr width=100% size=1>http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

oldgit

Visit site
Well I could hack bits off here and add totally useless bits there,to make it impossible to tell which is the front of the boat,but then if I had wanted a Sealine I would have bought one/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>My little Princess/forums/images/icons/laugh.gifthe 33 of course.

Happy1

N/A
Visit site
Were not doing very well on the East side are we, I wonder if they get problems in the Solent or are we just unlucky /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple> "You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know" <font color=purple>

hlb

RIP
Visit site
I see no problem here. Just think of it as an antitheft devise. Then pretend you've got an aeroplane and pull the throttles back to go, and forwards to put the breaks on!!

<hr width=100% size=1>
smiling.gif
Haydn

Happy1

N/A
Visit site
SO HOW do you know if your boat dresses to the left or the right? And why does the prop not say front and back on it or is that too easy?

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple> "You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know" <font color=purple>

jimi

Visit site
good job you got em both wrong! Would have been a bit more interesting with one right and one wrong/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
I've got twin duo-props so they both go in the same direction. Having just done the annual removal, polish-up and refit, I read (afterwards!) that the props are balenced in pairs. There is no vibration so I guess that by chance I matched the two correct ones together.....but I guess everyone knows this.
David

<hr width=100% size=1>

KevL

Visit site
How many more people are going to fall for this one? Yes there is a right and wrong way round for the props but the wrong way round doesn't reverse direction of thrust.

Now the wrong prop on the wrong shaft is a different matter..

You've got your catch for today so put that fishing rod away Oldgit.

KevL

<hr width=100% size=1>--
It may be the early bird that catches the worm but its the second mouse that gets the cheese.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by KevL on 03/04/2003 16:02 (server time).</FONT></P>

oldgit

Visit site
Umm you are dead right.Put wrong prop on wrong shaft/forums/images/icons/frown.gif

hlb

RIP
Visit site
But at least it's easy enough to swap. I backed my P33 into shallow water, when I bashed the props in Ireland. Waded in and swapped them for the spares I happend to have. Did look for the L and R before fitting though........../forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>
smiling.gif
Haydn