Warm climate RYA Course

themount2

Visit site
Having just completed Day Skip shore & practical in UK, we are hungry for more. On the basis that the RYA approve overseas courses, and one would hope standards are maintained at a distance, has anyone any experience / recommendations they can pass on. Only stipulations are 1) Fun location, 2) Reliably breezy, 3) Warm and sunny, 4) Quality kit and training. One doesn't want much does one!!!

<hr width=100% size=1>

themount2

Visit site
Not at all! We can't be the only regular weekend Solent sailors that yearn for a different sailing ground OR the only UK residents that look for a holiday in the sun somewhere!
Variety is the spice of life. At least it is for those of us who gave up the "Twist" 35 years ago!!!
On another matter, can we get back to speaking English. I am not anti Scot (my partner is born and bred Broughty Ferry) but all these misplaced vowels are "doin' me 'ed in". Ther'y'go, Inglish, nuffin' to it!!

<hr width=100% size=1>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
there is the gib school
mate of mine did comp crew and miles for day skip with them enjpoyed it immensley

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>if guinness is good for you. i must be very very good</font color=red>

Cornishman

Visit site
I was once told by the RYA that the only body which 'approves' schools is the Home Office!
Try giving the RYA a ring and ask for Training Division. They are very nice people and will be pleased to tell you where they have recognised establishments.
If you are a Solent sailor you could call in to the new HQ at Ensign Way, Hamble.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Heckler

Visit site
gibralter, jack and chris peate, gibralter sailing school in the bak of the mags, did my day skipper with them, sun shone, you do an inter continental trip (its only 18 miles but hey!) marvellous people and good fun
stu

<hr width=100% size=1>

Rob_Webb

Visit site
One of the regulars on this forum, Nic (Dominic Lonsdale) has his own sailing school in Tenerife called Clubsail Cruising School:

www.clubsail.co.uk

sailing@clubsail.co.uk

I have no experience or knowledge of the place other than being aware it's run by Nic and I don't know what the position is with respect to the RYA - suggest you PM (to Dominic) or email him and see what he says.

R

<hr width=100% size=1>

DeeGee

Visit site
The Solent, in November. Forget the wimpy warm weather bit, concentrate on the windy, nasty, hairy bit. In November, you get the Solent to yourself, can do all those manoverboard bits without getting mown down by 100 Sunsail yotties. And the 'shared misery' of it makes for good companions.

<hr width=100% size=1>Black Sugar - the sweetest of all

Spacewaist

blog.mailasail.com
Clubsail - Tenerife

Charetered one of their boats bareboat a few years ago - boat in good nick. No experience of their tuition tho.

Certainly warm and windy enough, particulalry in the accelleration zones!

<hr width=100% size=1>A pontification from the Panjandrum of orotund bloviation AD2003

Escapeii

Visit site
Try Trafalgar Sailing in Gib (www.trafalgarsailing.co.uk)
I did a day skipper there last April and had a very enjoyable week. The instructor was young, competent and enthusiastic. The boat (a Gibsea 39 I think) was well equipped and more than up to the job. But more importantly the sailing was in interesting busy tidal waters.
Getting there from the Uk was pretty easy too.

<hr width=100% size=1>