Wanted Trident Marine Omega 828

Freebee

Visit site
the book suggests only 28 off 828's in total built between '72 and '78 and as reported above, only perhaps a couple with sterndrives, on the assumption that some of the 28 may fallen by the wayside in the past 42 years finding one for sale is a big ask. However by googling there was a sterndrive 828 for sale in guernsey a few years back which could be the one in Hamble now or maybe that is the 2 identified!!

Bilson

Visit site
the book suggests only 28 off 828's in total built between '72 and '78 and as reported above, only perhaps a couple with sterndrives, on the assumption that some of the 28 may fallen by the wayside in the past 42 years finding one for sale is a big ask. However by googling there was a sterndrive 828 for sale in guernsey a few years back which could be the one in Hamble now or maybe that is the 2 identified!!
Hi - what book are you referring to? We own an Omega and I’m keen to learn more of their history.

Surfacesub

Visit site
Hi,
Pleased you have your answer.
Since my Omega demonstration out of Gosport late 1970 I have remained a fan. Should be able to find something in my archives that may be of interest.
When I saw your responce to my post I was quite excited, but only to discover you are the lucky one.
Does your Omega have the original name, that would be familiar?

Surfacesub

Visit site
I think at best it'll be early articles one of which featured an after market aft cabin version.
Pretty sure that won't be Shikar!
Shikar - it’s the original name. Would love to know more about her history.
If you haven't already to Google Shikar and through adverts provides quite a bit of history. Likewise Fairey Owners Club forum mentions Shikar in 6 threads, visable in Hull Design search!

Surfacesub

Visit site
It's still there. One of nice things were the fact they were on shafts so having outdrives always seemed odd to me.
I'm still on the look out and so far know of two.
I'm curious if you may have spotted a third.
Would you by chance be able to provide the name of the one at Lymington please?
Thanks.

Last edited: