Wanted Some advice please on cheap & safe Mooring in Corfo and also a Chart plotter

Jonboysurfer

Visit site
Wanted Some advice please on cheap & safe Mooring in Corfo and also a Chart plotter

Hello there we have just bought a Gibsea 30ft Yacht.Its on hard standing at the moment at Lefkas Marinna and we hope to move it to Corfo in the spring for the summer months.Can anyone give us some advice please on a safe but cheap Mooring there for 6 months as we will probably come and go there once a month and leave it there for the summer and sail it to the Canaries in early September.
The yacht we bought has no chart plotter so we need some advice on one to get please.We have sailed lots of the Devon coastline using only a very old and basic one.I hear you can use an I Pad now or Android Tab,is this right and which one would best suit us in Greece,
I appreciate any advice from you guys please.
Thanks alot
Jon:)

Forum Moderation Team
Visit site
Re: Wanted Some advice please on cheap & safe Mooring in Corfo and also a Chart plott

Moved to PBO.

RupertW

Visit site
Re: Wanted Some advice please on cheap & safe Mooring in Corfo and also a Chart plott

Hi

If you are used to sailing off Devon without a chart plotter you will find Ionian to Corfu a doddle and line of sight stuff. We don't have a chart plotter and move our boat between Croatia, Italy and the Aegean and were based in Corfu for 18 months recently.

We have iPads for work and personal stuff so got Navionics and like it for planning and some checking en route, but wouldn't buy an iPad for it navigation alone. I understand this cheap Lenovos can run Navionics but can't confirm that.

I'm afraid I can't add to knowledge about cheap moorings as we kept our boat in Gouvia. Plenty of places to anchor safely and for free but nowhere that I would leave a boat unattended for more than a night.

jordanbasset

Visit site

Think you will struggle in Corfu, if you want it on the water and available to sail each month in the summer and fairly cheap then Vliho on Lefkas is a possibility.

Frankklose

Visit site

Used in Corfu an android tablet with Navionics. Charts were very good and handling was better then the B&G Plotter. We had a big B&G system ( 2 displays 12 and 15 inch), but for navigation we used the 10" tablet.