Wanted 2nd hand trim motor

G

Help - the trim motor on my Volvo 290 leg has given up the ghost. Cost of a new one is +£700. Anybody out there got one,or know where I can get one. Before you ask I have tried Keypart and MMS.

Thanks

Attachments

• cslr-150dpi.gif
    cslr-150dpi.gif
    40 KB · Views: 0
G

Have you had the motor out and stripped it down? If you have not, then it might just be a case of commutator brushes worn out. Even if you have stripped it down and the windings are burnt, these can be re-wound at a fraction of £700 pounds. bearings can be replaced. If £700 hurts, and I'm sure it does, then go for it.

G

Thanks for your response. No, I've not had the motor out to be honest I'm not that much of a DIYer.

G

David, You could try speaking to Paul at Costal Rides on 01303262300. I believe he has all sorts of second hand bits lying around. Regards, Eddie

G

Check out www.arcomarine.com They have a whole hose of trim motors (NEW) for less than OEM. The UK distributor is (apparently) in Hampton In Arden, West Midlands. Their phone number is 01675 442647. Be warned I've not tried calling this number, but arcomarine in the US gave it to me.