Waeco Fridge problem

rafiki_

Visit site
Popped over to Rafiki, and switched the fridge on for the first time this season, to find it not working. The interior light is working, and I checked the power supply, 12.7 v. No sign of the compressor kicking in.

Any thoughts?

aquapower

Visit site
Try checking the rectifier if you have one fitted (the 240/12v converter) these are prone to failing, link up the b+ to c+ and b- to c- or check battery voltage as they wont work without correct voltage.

rafiki_

Visit site
Many thanks both of you.

Any idea where I find the thermostat? it was not obvious when I looked yesterday.

Any ideas on the correct voltages for the b+ and c+ etc?

yankeebloke

Visit site
Many thanks both of you.

Any idea where I find the thermostat? it was not obvious when I looked yesterday.

Any ideas on the correct voltages for the b+ and c+ etc?

Hi the thromostat is inside the fridge, should be covered with a white plastic clip on cover.

i have wiring diagrams for my fridge on the boat, not sure what model you have but i am happy to get them tomorrow and scan and e-mail them to you, they give all the voltages etc

rafiki_

Visit site
Hi the thromostat is inside the fridge, should be covered with a white plastic clip on cover.

i have wiring diagrams for my fridge on the boat, not sure what model you have but i am happy to get them tomorrow and scan and e-mail them to you, they give all the voltages etc

I have the Waeco Coolmatic 65 litre. Rafiki is 8 years old now, and I assume the fridge is original fit. I looked on the Waeco website but this appears to be down for maintenance at the moment, so if you have any info I would be very grateful.