Waeco cf25 fridge freezer

William_H

Visit site
I have one here and it is constantly turning off after initial start.
Thought it might be bad 12v supply but apparently not so.
Has anyone found any details of the electronics of these machines. Presumably the compressor runs on AC from a built in inverter. There seems to be lots of safe guards for low voltage etc. It did at one stage run for a while and got cold on the evaporator. It seems to have an "emergency " switch which I suspect bypasses the thermostat. thanks olewill

KAL

Visit site
We used to have one Will; it was brilliant. However, I remember having the same issue. I got in touch with the dealer direct and the tech dept was very helpful. The solution was to upgrade the wiring to the 12v socket that supplied it. The existing wiring had been too thin, so there wasn't sufficient "oomph" to carry the current needed to complete the initial start-up of the compressor. Once changed, it never missed a beat.

IIRC, the CF25 is the model with the original Danfoss compressor, which is what we had. They changed to a Chinese compressor with the CDF25.

Edit: didn't answer your question. I don't think it inverts to 240v, as you need to buy a 240 - 12v adaptor to run it on mains?

Last edited:

C08

Visit site
Yes as KAL says there is something a bit odd about the 12v wiring. I also used heavier wires to the plug and all was well afterwards. Run without missing a beat for 8 years now.

William_H

Visit site
Thanks for your replies. Yes I found the power input plug corroded and the 2 sockets for power converter or DC supply both also corroded and iffy. I have cut the wires off the back of the fridge connector and wired direct. To give best supply.
Just in case any firther readers know. Does anyone know the voltage and frequency the compressor runs on?
olewill