waeco CF 25 £100 price difference!

firstascent2002

Visit site
The thermo electric cold box on the boat is playing silly Bu**ers. The inline 8 amp fues has blown twice and the wiring is getting hot. I am no sparky but something ain't right...time for a change. Am going to buy a Waeco Cf 25. Its small enough to fit in and has just about enough capacity I think.

This is the price scale I found out there

Force 4 £429.95
Sea MArk Nunn £419.95
Mail speed amrine £369.95
Minicoolers.co.uk £349.99 (special offer)
Compass £329.95

How can there be a £100 price difference in what should be a competitive market place? Is there something I'm missing? Are some stocking a new imprived model and others clearing old stock?

On top of that, anyone know if its a good piece of kit? My batteries can afford 35 w for 15% of the time so I could have cold beer!

J

Jonny_H

www.freewebs.com
We have one that we use as a freezer! We travelled all round Europe camping and used it as a fridge - had to run it on minimum to stop it freezing things. Very powerful little unit!!

Ours must be 7 years old now - been on three boats, camper van and a car and never failed. (We run it off a rectifier at home when we defrost the freezer too!)

Great unit - well built, but can be sensitive to voltage (ours won't start if the voltage drops - this is a built in feature to stop it flattening a car battery) Although when running it draws very little (in our car it can be left for 3 days without running the voltage too low to start the car).

Jonny

CPD

Visit site
What you have found indicates a very competitive market place. Praise be that we have the internet so that we can take advantage of it !. Good luck with the upgrade - I dont have room for a fridge, thats a next boat item !.

duncan

Visit site
I have the 36 and it sit's on the floor below where it is significanty more useful than flooring space. We live round it and I live out of it............wouldn't have it any other way. Turns a little electricity into lots of cold beers time after time, and can frezze down blocks or bottles of water pretty fast too if required for portable cool box antics.

Malcb

www.virgo-owners.org
I bought a CF 18 last year and got it for about £100 less than what seemed to be the going rate.

Good bit of kit, minimal battery usage, and freezes the soddin' ber /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif