VP HS45A-A gearbox capacity

Jamie Dundee

Visit site
Quoted as 2 litres, I’ve just drained mine using an electric pump and reckon I took around 3l out. Refilled with exactly 2l, oil barely touches the dipstick. I assume I continue to fill until the oil is at the correct level on the dipstick or am I missing something?

No, there isn’t a large pool of red oil in the bilge.... ;)

Will_M

Visit site
ZF45A / (VP) HS45A : oil capacity is 2.5ltrs ATF.

If you are reading 2.0ltrs / being quoted 2.0ltrs that if anything is the capacity excluding oil cooler.

Fluid drained with pump from either drain bung of from filter housing with pump to bottom of the housing, filter removed beforehand obviously. As you would do by default of changing the filter along with a fluid change.

Oil level checked on dipstick resting on threads, not with dipstick screwed down.

so much duff info out there its unreal....

Last edited:

Jamie Dundee

Visit site
ZF45A / (VP) HS45A : oil capacity is 2.5ltrs ATF.

If you are reading 2.0ltrs / being quoted 2.0ltrs that if anything is the capacity excluding oil cooler.

Fluid drained with pump from either drain bung of from filter housing with pump to bottom of the housing, filter removed beforehand obviously. As you would do by default of changing the filter along with a fluid change.

Oil level checked on dipstick resting on threads, not with dipstick screwed down.

so much duff info out there its unreal....
I’ve since found 2.5l in the same format as the 2l, which is very odd! And yes, with the dipstick loose (y)

9C8BDDAC-2662-4625-B84A-EC06BB2F4EAF.jpegC8C5EB83-A922-4E4A-98C9-0129FA76B1F8.jpeg