Voyager 4500 cooker thermocouple magnetic valve

stu9000

Visit site
Hi,

On of the hobs would not stay lit on my voyager 4500.
I thought it was the thermocouple but the replacement unit I bought did not fit.
From the grill, I swopped out the magnetic valve component part of the thermocouple assembly.
This made the hob work again, so I'm assuming it is the magnetic valve rather than the thermocouple cable and heated tip that is the issue.

I cannot find the part online.
Can anyone help..?
The hob valve had a serial Orkli 1404/78 but I cannot find one to buy.
The grill valve had the serial 5403/78

Screenshot_2024-06-06-23-10-28-200.jpg

I want to buy a new grill, as the original is rusted to bits.
I can find the part but it costs £80, but am not shelling out until I know I can get the valve.
Plastimo/LP/Bainbridge LPS342-101 Grill Hood
It's never easy is it.

Boater Sam

Visit site
It is very very rare for the magnetic valve to fail. Most hobs that fail on one burner have the knob hitting the deck before the valve is fully depressed. Try it without the knob on. If it then works pack the inside of the knob.

trythalljohn

Visit site
Guess you have already tried it, but a squirt of WD40 worked for me. Freed up the valve so that the small current from the thermocouple could shift it.

stu9000

Visit site
It is very very rare for the magnetic valve to fail. Most hobs that fail on one burner have the knob hitting the deck before the valve is fully depressed. Try it without the knob on. If it then works pack the inside of the knob.
Interesting. I did buy a replacement thermocouple cable, cheaping out on a screwfix generic one that did not fit.

My assumption was it had to be the valve as replacing it with the one from the grill resolved the issue.

But it is the first time I've had it to bits and the cable to magnetic valve assembly was new to me. I'll have another look.

I do not think it is an issue with the know as I had all of them off when I was taking it to bits.

Alex_Blackwood

Visit site
Guess you have already tried it, but a squirt of WD40 worked for me. Freed up the valve so that the small current from the thermocouple could shift it.
Yes, could be wrong, but, I would suggest that the valve is sticky, needs freeing up, then try putting everything back as originally fitted