Vosper Thorny croft wave beta 3 stabilisers

Natural law

Visit site
ggod news, got everything runnibg and lasered into the problem and found the penny & giles potentiometer was burnt out.

Any ideas where to get a replacement P&G D21011/ D1333 potentiometer?

Picture is already posted above...

Kindest

Mike

vas

Visit site
doubt it's going to be easy unless they are still in business...
Mind one of mine had a "flat spot" as in reporting something wrong at around mid position. In my case I could just rotate it and alter the s/w to know and report midpoint at another value, but you cannot do that, so you really need to get a new one :-(

A good idea would be to disconnect the properly working one and measure mid, port, stbrd values and keep them as reference in case you can find something else that would much these values at these angles (long shot)

good luck!

V.

penfold

Visit site
Penny & Giles were bought by CW Industrial. Measuring the physical and electrical characteristics of the pot will make it possible to identify if there are off-the-shelf alternatives, the hardest part will be adapting to fit as the electrical spec is likely to be easy to match.
ggod news, got everything runnibg and lasered into the problem and found the penny & giles potentiometer was burnt out.

Any ideas where to get a replacement P&G D21011/ D1333 potentiometer?

Picture is already posted above...

Kindest

Mike
Is it definitely burnt out? They're very high quality potentiometers, you can't make it more broken so I'd have a go at dismantling it to see whether there is actual failure or whether it's just dirty.

Last edited:
Reactions: vas