VOR Game Realism

meldrum

Visit site
have any other forumites discovered how realistic the game is, like I have. Firstly I ran aground three times, once in the middle of the straits of gibraltar, secondly 200 miles off of the canaries and thirdly 500 miles of the coast of africa. My immarsat satcom hasnt worked(or my support crew are pig ignorant or ill mannered) none of the emails I have sent to hq have been answered. My weather routing software hasnt worked either( I log on in the morning to find that after setting my boat up for a day and a halfs spinnaker reaching, before turning in to my bunk the wind came on the nose two minutes after falling asleep) There goes another ten thousand places. Although this might be my lack of pre race preparation in not securing the finance for the extras package , that enables my competitors to sail directly in to the wind.And now the piece de resistance, the server has failed, the reason given, being that people are using it, "go figure as the yanks say. Lets hope that the prize, wasn't assembled by the bungling idiots who designed and run the game.

Least I havent hit an iceberg, although i'l probably do that off of bombay.
Goodluck to you all
Meldrum "out"

fireball

Visit site
Do like the rest of us - abandon your VOR Official VO70 and get into a SOL VO70 .... far better vessel, weather is roughly as predicted, your crew choose and set the sails leaving you to do the navigators job of actually navigating .... you don't run aground unless you hit ground, although sometimes the servers are swapped around, I've not had a problem connecting and contacting the people running it is easy as they are online playing at the same time!!

you can start in leg2 and discard leg1 ....

The only disadvantage is that you cannot win a Volvo at the end of it ..... or is that an advantage!!

www.sailonline.org