Volvo TAMD73P EDC 430HP engines….

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
I’m viewing a late 90’s UK based boat fitted with these engines. The broker tells me that they have been serviced regularly and recently (pinch of salt / evidence required).

My question is whether there are any specific mechanical / EDC / service issues that I should be looking for or asking about, checking with the service technician.

If it looks a good option I’ll get a survey, engine survey and full trial of course. This is about an early heads up.

Thanks for any insight.

Seastoke

Visit site
I’m viewing a late 90’s UK based boat fitted with these engines. The broker tells me that they have been serviced regularly and recently (pinch of salt / evidence required).

My question is whether there are any specific mechanical / EDC / service issues that I should be looking for or asking about, checking with the service technician.

If it looks a good option I’ll get a survey, engine survey and full trial of course. This is about an early heads up.

Thanks for any insight.
Did u get my pm

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk

Thanks for any insight.
Princess 460?

stelican

Visit site
Yes funnily enough. And got quite a lot of unhelpful shizz 🤣
A customer had these in a Squadron 43, religiously serviced and winterised
He had an engine seize due to an overheated piston Volvo dealer said that piston oil cooler jet had failed.
This was over 20yrs ago £14,000 He told the dealer to take the other engine out and rebuild that aswell.