Volvo TAM D 63 P's

Jabes

Visit site
Volvo TAM D 63 P\'s

I have had an unusualy bad run with my engines with regard to cracked maifolds.
Engines are fully serviced each year and total hrs are only 185. Last week on a trip to Majorca from Ibiza and 3.25 hrs int trip both engines came up rapidly to 95'C. We suspect plastic over the intakes. Both engines were pulled back and closed down within appx 30 secs. Stbd engine however suffered a cracked maifold. Heads off and checked, new maifold fitted (long story shortened) and a return to Ibiza.
A further investigation has revealed an ongoing problem with the maifold again suspect. We also had to fit new mainfold to same engine two years ago.
I would be most interested to hear fron anyone with similar problems as I am sure I can't be the only one suffering.

<hr width=100% size=1>

burgundyben

Visit site
Re: Volvo TAM D 63 P\'s

About 15 years ago I looked after a charter fleet that included a few motor boats with volvo engines, cant remember which models of engine they were but we had some repetitive manifold cracking problems on them, after lots of replacement manifolds it was discovered that the material of the cylinder head around the stud holes had risen above the machined surface as the stud was tightened and that this was causing the stress that made the manifolds crack.

Not sure if I have explained this well enough, pls ask if not.

<hr width=100% size=1>Sod the Healey - I think I'll buy an E-Type.