VOLVO REV COUNTERS

G

I have a flybridge motorcruiser with twin Volvos. The flybridge rev counters work okay but the pilothouse counters are very erratic. Sometimes they work but more usually they show a steady reading anywhere from zero to full revs. After a variable period of running they sometimes suddenly show a true reading. Any ideas?

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Well only that there Volvo's and there only really there to tell you that the engines are still going round ( Just).
I've got four Rev counters too and they all have different readings.
Wondering whether to get a Bayliner next to avoid Volvo engines!!

Haydn

G

Check the Y connector in the main dash panel wiring loom, pull it apart, spray with wd 40 or similar, check for any corroded terminals and put back together, it might improve things, or you can send them to VDO Birmingham for repair, good luck!

G

Same problem (only one set, tho as no flybridge). One or other sometimes takes an age before registering anything. Also, one hour meter LCD shows nothing most of the time. When it does decide to play, the time is correct. Any ideas? I think they're a couple of hundred quid to replace, plus you get all the hassle of trying to explain why the engine hours look wierd...