Volvo Penta Engine Paint

swifty

Visit site
I am refurbishing a Volvo Penta Diesel Engine which is removed from my boat and have prepared it for spraying. I have purchased the manufacturers Volvo Penta green engine paint, but the instructions are poor to say the least, has any forum members used this paint. Is it straight to metal or does it require a primer.

Thank you

Visit site
Have done this in the past with a MD7. Cleaned engine. Removed any loose rust. Applied Kurust. Slapped on the paint. 5 years later ... Good as new.

I am refurbishing a Volvo Penta Diesel Engine which is removed from my boat and have prepared it for spraying. I have purchased the manufacturers Volvo Penta green engine paint, but the instructions are poor to say the least, has any forum members used this paint. Is it straight to metal or does it require a primer.

Thank you

VicS

Visit site

Thank you

I'd think completely removing all traces of rust is the first essential.

POR 15 Buick Green engine enamel is generally considered to be a good colour match . The recommended pretreatment is POR 15 Metal Prep.

Both are avaialble from Frost.co.uk

When you say spraying are you just considering using rattle cans?

TiggerToo

Visit site
I'd think completely removing all traces of rust is the first essential.

POR 15 Buick Green engine enamel is generally considered to be a good colour match . The recommended pretreatment is POR 15 Metal Prep.

Both are avaialble from Frost.co.uk

When you say spraying are you just considering using rattle cans?

why do you ask: is there anything wrong with rattle cans?

Momac

Visit site
I once painted a classic car engine using ordinary rattle can paint of the type sold for car bodywork. It remained okay when I sold the car some years later. But I did use a grey primer.

Other threads that may be of interest