Volvo penta autopilot

jdrakeford

Visit site
Hi,
I'm installing an autopilot on a volvo penta dph-a steering system. I'm tying in the autopilot pump hoses at the "x nipples" part no 990205 (item 4 in attached picture). Does anyone know what thread type this is or which nipples to install to allow connection of bsp hydraulic hoses? Could they be an sae metric thread?
Many thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210714-144926_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210714-144926_Samsung Internet.jpg
    506.4 KB · Views: 28

Andyroonot

Visit site
The part number of the blanking plugs (item #5) is 984377, and so as per the highlighted section of the attached, 5/8-18 UNF thread

Attachments

• Thread spec..jpg
    Thread spec..jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 20

papparazzi

Visit site
Hi,
I'm installing an autopilot on a volvo penta dph-a steering system. I'm tying in the autopilot pump hoses at the "x nipples" part no 990205 (item 4 in attached picture). Does anyone know what thread type this is or which nipples to install to allow connection of bsp hydraulic hoses? Could they be an sae metric thread?
Many thanks in advance!
@jdrakeford did you finish the installation? I am about to do the same. Could you please share which pump you used (is 0.5l / smallest enough) - maybe some pictures of your installation would be fantastic. Thanks

spannerman

Visit site
A DPH drive only uses a small capacity pump as its not operating a cylinder but just opening the shuttle valve so that the servo pump pressure moves the steering rams. If its too high it will react violently and almost put the boat on its side doing an abrupt 90 degree turn as I found out after an install on a Northstar, Raymarine confirmed that it only needs their smallest pump on DPH drives.