Volvo injector puller

mldpt

Visit site
Hi I am about to make an ejector extractor for my 2003 any body know where i might be able to buy or hire one, if I could buy one I would make it available to other users.
Mike

Chris_Stannard

Visit site
The injector for the 2003 fits in a copper sleeve that runs through the cylinder head. I think that you should be able to take the injectors out by hand once the holding down nut has been released.
I experienced a problem in that diesel was leaking up past the injectors and this required new sleeves which had to be done by a Volvo agent.

Chris Stannard

mldpt

Visit site
HI Chris.
Yes thats the problem if you pull put the injector it can pull out the copper sleeve with it causing some more expence. I have now ordered the Puller as used by Volvo, I once borrowed one and this holds the sleeve in place at the same time as pulling the injector out, hopefully this will avoid replacing the sleeves, I am hopeing the problem of smoking will be cured by having the injectors serviced, the engine has now done 4000 hrs and has only had them serviced once. but when I get the puller I will loan it out for a few pounds to recoupe some of the cost £50. I was going to make one but feel its better to have the correct on if possible.
Regards Mike, www.pagetsladysailing.co.uk

Johnjo

Visit site
Did my injectors recently, Did not have a problem getting them out,
Engine still smokes a bit on tickover,
Cost me ninety pounds,Had a problem with that.
Was told, Once a smoky Volvo always a smoky Volvo.
Mine is a MD2.B
Luck with it
mike