Volvo DPH steering issues

Drmark

Visit site
We have a 2017 Sargo 36 with twin V/P D6 and DPH drives. For two years the Port Steering will report an intermittent failure when cruising. Turn off the engine and ignition and wait 30 sec, the message goes away and everything works normally. Recently we had both sides with that message and the engines went into "limp" mode. Error codes Port engine yesterday. MID 250, PSID 9, FMI 8 , OCC ---, Anyone had this and could give me direction on repair. Boat is in Newport Oregon with a mechanic that seems to know what he is doing but not a full on Volvo Dealer.

ss2016

Visit site
Hi I don't know the answer but since I have a Sargo 31 I was interested. Mine has a DPI not a DPH. I looked in the EVC 2.0 W'shop manual to see if the fault codes or similar showed up. I don't have much to offer but the nearest I could find was some VP Interceptor code. (Interceptors are the VP version of trim tabs I think.) I don't have them but perhaps you do? Could they be related to the problem? The codes under checking the servo motor function were similar and not common in the manual. Sorry not to be more helpful.

It is a shame that VP don't like customers and try to be more helpful. I only have the manuals because I can read, which puts me ahead of the local dealer. They could be kind enough to have codes and explanations....but they don't.

Good luck, Steve.

1682870204875.png

Last edited: