Volvo D4.260 alarm

Nigbb

Visit site
Hi, can anyone shed any light please.
I am getting an alarm on one of my D4.260 when manoeuvring, it happened this morning when I left berth and i was shifting inand out of gear on short succession, the message in the display simply says check engine. I went back to the berth and check the engine bay but couldn't see anything untoward , re started and the alarm had stopped, we then did a couple of hours run back to our home marina with no problem. However when I was in and out of gear for berthing the same thing happened, I simply switched off and re started and the alarm stopped.
The message is just "check engine " which by itself is the that helpful.
Any ideas please.

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Hi, can anyone shed any light please.
I am getting an alarm on one of my D4.260 when manoeuvring, it happened this morning when I left berth and i was shifting inand out of gear on short succession, the message in the display simply says check engine. I went back to the berth and check the engine bay but couldn't see anything untoward , re started and the alarm had stopped, we then did a couple of hours run back to our home marina with no problem. However when I was in and out of gear for berthing the same thing happened, I simply switched off and re started and the alarm stopped.
The message is just "check engine " which by itself is the that helpful.
Any ideas please.
I’d guess at shift cable problem , worn / tight cable causing high amp consumption.