VOLVO 2001 lack of power

alf1

Visit site
with no load the engine will rev to 3200.On load it will only go to 2400.air filter ok new fuel filter fitted.new block 5 years ago with new piston etc.No smoke from exhaust.slow to pick up revs.Any suggestions please.

ParaHandy

Visit site
and is there still no smoke if the throttle's wide open? Are you doing this "test" whilst tied up? If you are then that's about right.

wotayottie

Visit site
Unlikely to be prop problems since your engine isnt smoking. More likely to be lack of fuel ie partially blocked filter. Either way check out the obvious things like fuel supply, air filter etc.

If none of them have an effect, then check valve clearances and compression .

lezgar

Visit site
I have the same problem in a volvo 2001. After cleaning the propeller power increased but not like before. If you find the solution please tell to me.

Bilgediver

Visit site
Sounds about right....:) What did you expect. The poor engine is blasting leccy into a discharged battery, turning a dirty propeller and you may even have the boat tied up. Give it half a chance.

alf1

Visit site
I have done the test both tied up and moving. Boat was put back in the water in march with a clean bottom.Lost nearly 2 knts.