Visiting Henley for traditional boat festival.

Mataji

Visit site
My boat does not qualify as an entrant for the festival but I would like to attend. Where could I moor my boat during the festival and is it necessary or possible to book a place in advance?

thamesS23

www.spotonprint.net
I think anywhere on the opposite bank is available as per normal (ie, from the leander club to to Mapledurham lock), as we often moor up then as we are on our annual holiday.

There may even be some moorings on the same side as the rally, but a lot further up - past Fawley Court house. Failing that the town centre moorings in the park are availablke as normal during that period

Last edited:

Time Out

Visit site
I think but I may be wrong ! You can moor downstream of the event proper. Basically next to the campsite which forms part of the event.

Pump-Out

Visit site
I think but I may be wrong ! You can moor downstream of the event proper. Basically next to the campsite which forms part of the event.
Sadly not, those berths are retained for workboats supporting the event.

@Mataji
Try booking in Mill Meadows, adjacent to the park and museum. These berths are owned by Henley Town Council, and can be booked. Moorings | Henley-on-Thames Town Council

You can then take advantage of the free river taxi service from the town centre direct to the show site.

Northern Star

Visit site
We always moored opposite where the regatta tents are and the floating stage, SRB used to manage the moorings and you could pay on-line or he would come around but I think Hobbs now manage the site.

It is great for the show as you get to sit and watch the sail by from your own boat and we enjoyed three years there in the past.

We also got to share Marlow lock with Gloriana in 2018.
IMG_1033.jpeg