vinyl windows - can you repair them?

symondo

Visit site
basically theres nothing wrong with the sides of my removable top

but theres a small hole/tear in the middle of 1 of the windows, and also near the bottom of another section.

Obviously replacing these would be the best repair option, but seems a little extrme for 2 parts which for the most part are ok.

i assume being clear you cant patch this stuff without it looking awful?

rosssavage

Visit site
Replace. I had five vinyl Windows in my canopy cut out and replaced for £120 by my local trim shop.

Up to you, but it's really not expensive. New Windows look great, and you suddenly realise how murky / cloudy / scratched the old ones were!!

skip50

Visit site
I had quite good success using clear Gorilla Tape. Acquired about three small tears on the vinyl, looked like small cuts. Rounded the corners of the tape, cleaned vinyl and applied. Yes they are visible, but only just, and probably only to me! If you are not happy with the result, you could still have them replaced! I did wonder about applying tape on both sides, but decided to place just on outside- ok so far, over a year.

l'escargot

Visit site

Alpha22

Visit site
Replace. I had five vinyl Windows in my canopy cut out and replaced for £120 by my local trim shop.

Up to you, but it's really not expensive. New Windows look great, and you suddenly realise how murky / cloudy / scratched the old ones were!!

I did my own.... stick the windows in the holes with double sided tape, sew them in with an old domestic sewing machine and leather needle. Cut the waste off.... Simple took a few hours to do 3 windows. Total cost about £30.

alteredoutlook

Visit site
1)Get a new piece of vinyl to fit over the whole of the existing window.
2) Machine sew it on over the old window. This will 'preserve the shape' of your sprayhood.
3) Cut away the old window using a very sharp craft knife - leaving a very small residual margin of the old one for posterity.
4) Open a bottle of wine and consider job well done.