VHF radio operators licence

Juggler7823

Visit site
Hello,

Not posted for some time. I passed my operators licence just after DSC licences were introduced. I took a course at the Welsh sailing centre on the Menai Straits near Canaervon. I have lost the licence some time ago but now need one to charter in Greece during September. I don't want to take a test again unless it is compulsory.

How do I get a replacement?

Juggler

lpdsn

Visit site
Ask the RYA. The were certainly keeping central records a couple of decades ago because they passed mine to the Irish Government when there was a bit of a fuss about RYA VHF certs over here.

sarabande

Visit site
I've been in a similar situation with a pre-existing VHF licence issued before DSC was invented.

I signed up to an online course from Seavoice Training.

Good course work info, and very good support.

https://www.seavoice-training.co.uk

You could sort it out inside a week. And there is so much new stuff, like prowords, and MMSI that are functionally important.

Last edited:

ShinyShoe

Visit site
You contact the RYA.

If they don't have a record they direct you to Plas Meni.

I signed up to an online course from Seavoice Training.

Good course work info, and very good support.

https://www.seavoice-training.co.uk

You could sort it out inside a week. And there is so much new stuff, like prowords, and MMSI that are functionally important.

Can't sit the exam online though?

TSB240

Visit site
Hello,

Not posted for some time. I passed my operators licence just after DSC licences were introduced. I took a course at the Welsh sailing centre on the Menai Straits near Canaervon. I have lost the licence some time ago but now need one to charter in Greece during September. I don't want to take a test again unless it is compulsory.

How do I get a replacement?

Juggler
Hi Roy
Hope you are keeping well.

Others seem to think you are wanting to upgrade to DSC. Unless I have got the wrong end of the stick I think you have lost your DSC radio operators licence . You did the course at Plas Menai so either they or RYA should have a record. I seem to remember we had to send in a form with photographic evidence to apply for the original. Certainly the licence has my picture on it!I think you need to fill in a form (oddly the only online one I can find does not cover the VHF course!) and supply the readies and replacement photo id.

https://www.rya.org.uk/training-support/Documents/DOL_Course_Certs.pdf

Possibly give them a ring ( phone number on the form ) to confirm.

Steve (Ex Tamsin Pwllheli!)

ctva

Visit site
All these licences are dealt with centrally by the RYA ns not the club or centre. Just contact the Certifications department and they will get a replacement out (may cost as everything does these days:))

Hope all is well with you and your other half. Bob is still sailing and still likes his hat!