VHF Channel 37 missing

Bru

svpagan.blogspot.com
Ah yes, I had found that of course, this is a different issue.

Oops. Cancel "RTFM :D" and substitute "See post from MikeCC" :) (new info to me btw which I've made a note of!)

If MikeCC's suggestion doesn't work, back to the supplier with it I say!!!

[163233]

Visit site
See this (post 8)
http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?466606-HX3000e-Channel-settings

There's a leaflet in the box that explains how to select channel set for various EU locations. I think it's like this because SH in UK supply into rest of Europe.

No extra programming, no need to return it. Just this for HX300E and HX870E:

1 Make a note of region to use
00 - international
01 - UK
02 - Belgium
03 - Netherlands

2 - turn off radio

3 - Press and hold [16/9] and [Preset] keys while turning radio on

4 - use up/down arrow keys to select desired region

5 - press [PRESET] button to store selected region

6- turn off

OK, tried this and the radio just turns on normally. I also tried every other combination of two buttons and on, and also one button and on. I just don't get a region selection thingy.

I guess it's for a different model. :(

MikeCC

www.allGadgets.co.uk
Those are instructions for HX300E which I think is what you said you had. It can be a bit awkward to keep both the buttons firmly pressed down while also switching on. i.e you need to press and hold before and while switching on. Have another go or ask someone else to try it. AFAIK the channel set selection can be done as often as required.

[163233]

Visit site
Those are instructions for HX300E which I think is what you said you had. It can be a bit awkward to keep both the buttons firmly pressed down while also switching on. i.e you need to press and hold before and while switching on. Have another go or ask someone else to try it. AFAIK the channel set selection can be done as often as required.

Yes, that's what I've got, one of these: http://www.standardhorizon.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=100052

Thanks, I'll give it another bash, but I managed to trigger other multi-press-and-power-up stuff, there's a combination that seems to produce a firmware revision for instance.

[163233]

Visit site
I finally got round to contacting Standard Horizon/Yaesu, they suggested most of the things mentioned here and then said I should send it back to them which I did, and got it back within a week reprogrammed with the appropriate channels showing as M and M2.

Which I think is excellent service and at no charge, which they could have quibbled about given how long it was since I bought it.

Bilgediver

Visit site
Ch.37 is M1 on the HX300E and you should have M1 assuming you have selected the International channel set but only on the UK version

If you don't have M1, the radio is not the UK version and Marinescene should replace it with a UK version FoC

The software to reprogramme the channels is only available to Standard Horizon dealers (and try as I might I've never been able to swipe a copy!) so failing assistance from Marinescene, a local dealer may be able to assist at, I suspect, a price

HTH

Wrong.......... You receive instructions with this radio to set it up yourself. I bought two and both needed some button pushing to set up forUK operation. They came from Marinescene!

Bru

svpagan.blogspot.com
Wrong.......... You receive instructions with this radio to set it up yourself. I bought two and both needed some button pushing to set up forUK operation. They came from Marinescene!

No, what I wrote is not wrong. I wasn't talking about selecting which pre-programmed channel set is used, I was talking about reprogramming the channels in those channel sets. Ch.37 wasn't available on any of the channel sets and the only way to fix that is with proprietary software which is only available to main dealers

[163233]

Visit site
No, what I wrote is not wrong. I wasn't talking about selecting which pre-programmed channel set is used, I was talking about reprogramming the channels in those channel sets. Ch.37 wasn't available on any of the channel sets and the only way to fix that is with proprietary software which is only available to main dealers

Indeed, and that's what they did. I didn't get any instructions with the radio, and the magic keypresses didn't work. I though it very nice of them to reprogram it for free.

Now shows as M & M2 for ref.

oilyrag

Visit site
For my HX870E (2016 vintage) the procedure is:

- Switch radio off
- Hold down MENU & 16/S buttons whilst powering radio on
- When it boots, select UK, OK etc.
- Radio will restart.
- M & M2 will now show in channel list

ShinyShoe

Visit site
If you can only do one side of a conversation the channel is probably set up duplex not simplex. Is this a UK bought radio? 37a is a UK channel