VHF Channel 37 missing

Gordonmc

Visit site
I am not too shy to ask a question which might have a simple explanation. Apologies, however, if this has been raised before.
On approaching a marina at the weekend I attempted to contact them on their port oprations channel - 37 - to find the channel list on my Standard Horizon DSC VHF scrolled from 28 to 60.
Same on both the cockpit command unit and the main set.
The VHF was set to International channels.
The channel list in the SH handbook has no channels between 28 and 60.
The Scottish Anchorages publication has 37 as the correct ship to marina channel as does the marina's own website.
I called the marina on 37 using my ancient hand-held.
What is going on?

[163233]

Visit site

I also have a Standard Horizon radio and it doesn't have 37/M1 on the international channels. Basically it needs reprogramming but getting hold of the required gubbins is something of a challenge.

Annoying because I did buy it in the UK.

Leighb

Visit site
I also have a Standard Horizon radio and it doesn't have 37/M1 on the international channels. Basically it needs reprogramming but getting hold of the required gubbins is something of a challenge.

Annoying because I did buy it in the UK.

Standard Horizon may show N1 rather than M1, but frequency is the same.

Kurrawong_Kid

Visit site
Whilst my handheld SH is a super piece of kit, I wrestle with the DSC 1100. I never know if I have high power when talking with Coastguard on Ch. 67 because the display does not alter according to the handbook! When I receive a safety alarm it indicates Ch 67 but if I switch there I hear nothing. Ch 72 appears missing. M1 and M2 appear as n1 and n2 but I can cope with that!If I had not spent ages altering the switchboard to accommodate it I would swop it for an Icom.

Last edited:

[163233]

Visit site
I feel a little guilty that I've hijacked the OP's thread, so hopefully they will post their details too...

A: Which model is it?
HX300E (Which is good actually, simple and clear.)

B: Where did you get it? and
Marinescene (Who have been generally excellent, and no I haven't bothered them with it, the round trip postage seems too much of a faff for something so trivial)

C: Has Ch.37 / M1 ever worked?
No, I didn't even try it for about 6 months because I had little use for it.

My main fixed set does 37 which I can cope with so this is just an irritation, the OP may have more of an issue if it's his only radio.

If there's someone in t'north with the leads and software it must be a five minute job?
:D

Bru

svpagan.blogspot.com
I feel a little guilty that I've hijacked the OP's thread, so hopefully they will post their details too...

HX300E (Which is good actually, simple and clear.)

Marinescene (Who have been generally excellent, and no I haven't bothered them with it, the round trip postage seems too much of a faff for something so trivial)

No, I didn't even try it for about 6 months because I had little use for it.

My main fixed set does 37 which I can cope with so this is just an irritation, the OP may have more of an issue if it's his only radio.

If there's someone in t'north with the leads and software it must be a five minute job?
:D

Ch.37 is M1 on the HX300E and you should have M1 assuming you have selected the International channel set but only on the UK version

If you don't have M1, the radio is not the UK version and Marinescene should replace it with a UK version FoC

The software to reprogramme the channels is only available to Standard Horizon dealers (and try as I might I've never been able to swipe a copy!) so failing assistance from Marinescene, a local dealer may be able to assist at, I suspect, a price

HTH

testmonkey

Visit site
on my Standard Horizon GX1700E there is a keypress combination when powering it up that let's you choose between International, UK and other nation specific channel sets. Documented with an extra leaflet inside the user manual.

Heckler

Visit site
on my Standard Horizon GX1700E there is a keypress combination when powering it up that let's you choose between International, UK and other nation specific channel sets. Documented with an extra leaflet inside the user manual.
And my 2200E
S

MikeCC

www.allGadgets.co.uk
See this (post 8)
http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?466606-HX3000e-Channel-settings

There's a leaflet in the box that explains how to select channel set for various EU locations. I think it's like this because SH in UK supply into rest of Europe.

No extra programming, no need to return it. Just this for HX300E and HX870E:

1 Make a note of region to use
00 - international
01 - UK
02 - Belgium
03 - Netherlands

2 - turn off radio

3 - Press and hold [16/9] and [Preset] keys while turning radio on

4 - use up/down arrow keys to select desired region

5 - press [PRESET] button to store selected region

6- turn off

Last edited: