Vetus Diesel Engine

Geordiedreamer

Visit site
Hi guys, my first post was like some others i've read on the forum asking about which boat to buy. With a lot of good input and limited finance i've recently purchased a Jaguar 27 suggested by dickh. Lovely boat some good gear on board, bought GPS, GPS repeater & Navtex and a few other goodies for her. Had her out a few times now and its bloody brilliant !! She has a Vetus 2 cylinder diesel fitted, don't think it the original engine though ?? I was told it was a M205 but can't find anything about them. There is a M2C5, is this the engine or is the M2C5 a more recent model. Wasn't given any manuals with the boat so if anyone knows or has manuals would be really grateful to get hold of them.

<hr width=100% size=1>

colvic

Visit site
Current Vetus engines are based on the Mitsubishi core engine. There should be some letters and numbers on the block casting and if you contact Vetus they'll be able to tell you exactly which engine you have. You may well have to have a good look all round the thing and a torch will be helpful in picking the numerals out.

The thre cylinder version have these numbers/letters on the top.

Phil

<hr width=100% size=1>

dickh

Visit site
Well done Geordiedreamer, you've chosen a good boat(but I am biased...) Join the Jaguar Owners Association - http://peachment.co.uk - they were quite helpful when we talked to them at the LBS and will send spares by mail order.

Looks like I got it wrong - Peachment are the NANNI agents and not VETUS, but they both marinise the Mitsubishi engines. Try VETUS on google and you'll get their agent local to you.
<hr width=100% size=1>dickh
I'd rather be sailing... :) /forums/images/icons/smile.gif<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by dickh on 30/06/2003 10:31 (server time).</FONT></P>

Geordiedreamer

Visit site
Thanks dickh, one of the post when looking for our first keel boat was yours about the Jaguar 27. Saw one advertised in a brokerage in Scotland, so we went to see her. She's a MK1 but in good condition been well looked after, needs a bit of work but find a boat of that age that doesn't ! And by work I just mean tidying up. Clean survey, so we bought her and had her brought over to the N.E. coast where we are based. Would have loved to have sailed her back but couldn't get time off work. (Doesn't work get in the way of life !!) Bought some goodies for her, which will be fitted as soon as poss, but really this season we are just going to sail her and get to know the boat. Do all the things I have in mind when we take her out at the end of the season. I am of the understanding the engine is a 10 HP but like I say, don't know yet I'll contact Vetus with the engine Number and see what they say.
Will join the Jaguar Association so between this forum and that one, think I'll be well sorted for the millions of questions I'll have.
Thanks again
Kev

<hr width=100% size=1>

janversteeg

Visit site
M2.05 is an older type of Vetus, I have two of them in my Catalac, with saildrives.
Had no big problems with them. Once had to bypass some cables for the glow plugs on one motor and replaced a thermostat.They are of make 1990. Can give you more information if required.

<hr width=100% size=1>