Veridian Anti-fouling Any Good ?

G

I'm about to paint my Alpha 1 sterndrive with anti-fouling, I like the sound of the Veridian system from International Paints. Previously it's been painted with a biocide type of AF.I'd appreciate your comments on matters such as:-

Ease of application. Coverage. Drying time (assuming the temp is about 10-15 C). Look of the fininshed result (I'm likely to use grey)

Thanks.

G

Steve,

Just painted mine using the same product. I would not call it easy to apply. (might be due to low temperatures) I found it an expensive surprise as 1 set of tins is only for one outdrive and after reading the instructions had to go back and buy another £60 worth. However if the product does what it claims to I think it is a sensible alternative to antifouling especially as it does not need to be redone every year is it is a non stick caoting without biocide.

This product was discussed some time ago on this forum. However nobody has actually tested it in the water. I'll let you know in the next few months wether it works !!

Rob

G

I'm in the same situation, applied it to my outdrive and props. Stick with the grey, I tried the clear one on the props, but after sanding down the finish result looked tatty, although very smooth to touch. Brought the grey for the outdrive which gives a much better appearance.

It's a pain to apply and the temp was around 5c, also make sure you cover with a thick layer.

I'll let you know the outcome.

RM.

G

Thanks for your replies, I found the earlier posts regarding this subject, sounds like it's not that easy to apply and no-one has yet had a chance to see how effective it is. I'm going to try it, we could all swap info on it later this year when we've seemn how it performs.