Verbal contract

Seastoke

Visit site
For how much you have lost say 2k max ,is it worth it , as you may not be able claim for your wife .

Lucy52

Visit site
I wonder how much it costs to pursue a civil claim in a foreign court? In money, blood, sweat, tears and sleepless nights, your health matters. There has got to be a good chance of winning to make it worthwhile. Alternatively you could just let it go, put it down to (bitter) experience and walk away. You won’t feel vindicated or receive compensation but then you might lose even more in the chase. I guess what you really need is an Italian lawyer not an internet forum.

Alfie168

Visit site
Your offer was 'subject to survey'. It obviously failed the survey. It was rude and inconsiderate of the owner to remove his AP, but I suspect you just have to swallow the disappointment. As to making a lower offer, would you still want to deal with this owner anyway. ? I'd be tempted to just muck him about the way he's mucked you about....but I wouldn't actually do anything. I'd just walk away. You know it makes sense in the long run. Just put it down to experience and make your feeling known to the broker, who has also lost a sale.

Do you really want this thing to drag on ? Do Italian courts really want to be bunged up with disgruntled boat purchasers ? I suspect that way lies madness. I do however sympathise as there was a small but important bit of kit missing from my boat that was advertised as being included when I bought it . It wasn't and had never been. The seller had just taken copy off an old Dehler advert that mentioned it and I failed to notice it wasn't there. He was in Germany, I was here. For £250 it wasn't worth the hassle.

Lucy52

Visit site
Just a thought. Make sure the dealer removes the autopilot from the description in the advert. It is a buyers market and the boat will be less attractive without it.

bedouin

Visit site
I am old enough to know its a waste of time, however I have as part of my marine insurance policy. Legal cover that covers contract, or in this case no contract.!
Thanks all for your help
In that case why not just ask them to assess it for you? If you say you might have a claim the first thing they will do is have a look and see if it is covered and whether there are prospects.

nortada

Visit site
Notarda, thanks for the like.
I think I will bring this yacht to Portugal.
Perhaps the snowflakes will have melted.

Ref Residency in Portugal.

It should be simple everywhere but at times it is anything but.

Currently, for a berth-holder in Lagos, getting residency is very straight forward and can still be completed in less than 24 hours but elsewhere, some are currently experiencing all sorts of problems.

After 31/12/20, I suspect it will get difficult everywhere so for Brits thinking of getting Portuguese residency, it might be best to get it done before the end of this year.

Last edited:

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Bob I think you know deep down what you have to do without our advise mate . Good luck
I was with the broker this week and he gave the seller a strong telling off.
Called him a fraud to his face in English.
The owner cannot lay straight in bed..

And this is why the forum is here, so others learn from others mistakes and problems
Stay safe.

Seastoke

Visit site
I was with the broker this week and he gave the seller a strong telling off.
Called him a fraud to his face in English.
The owner cannot lay straight in bed..

And this is why the forum is here, so others learn from others mistakes and problems
Stay safe.
So have you bought the boat.