V.cheap Antifoul!!

Margem

Visit site
I was groveling under the Hull yesterday applying the mandatory anti-foul when i was interupted, "You don't wanna use that stuff" reffering my the latest state of the art all singing/dancing product, " always Mix my own" what you wanna use is ordinary wilco's emusion with a bit of moss killer thrown in... last for years"
Well anyone else heard of this, are we wasting our hard earned!

What about the colour range! Spring Yellow, Soft Pink the mind boggles!

Ohdrat

Visit site
I heard of a fishing boat that did something similar only with Agricultural weed killer and got prosecuted!

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Must admit. I've always thought emulsion paint would be just as good. I used to know a dentist that used antibiotic pills crunched up.

Have you sent off Your Stamped. SAE and cheque. Yet.

Haydn

tcm

Visit site
I think that you can use any old rubbish. Apparently one bloke used dulux, very good indeed because it's shiny. It's a sacrificial layer of glop, and as long as you only plan to make it last a short time rather than 15 yerars like on a fence, then anything that stick should do the job. There was a bloke who used to post (quite boringly) on here who had painted his hull with several different lots of stuff, and recopmmended dulux exterior, probly not the textured stuf tho...

G

Roofing Bitumen is great if you don't want to go too fast. I used the stuff that stops moss growing on your roof. Took the boat out after 5 years and didn't even need to wash the bottom off. About £10 a gallon. Kills everything!