Used Boat Supplies

Dougal

Visit site
Anyone know if there's a supplier of used marine equipment in or around the Poole area? There used to be many such placeS, like Aladin's Caves for nautical supplies. Sadly, it seems they have dwindled over the years. At least in the UK. Not so in France.

Motor_Sailor

Visit site
Chandlery Barge at Bursledon listed as closed on Sundays:-(

No loss. Unless there's a really specific 'thing' that you can get absolutely no where else, it's hardly worth the effort to walk from the car park.
And then when they do have something you want, you have to pay through the nose for it.
Some things secondhand there are more expensive than you can buy them brand new at Force 4 only a couple of hundred yards away.

steveeasy

Visit site
The chandlery Barge has everything there. some things are a lot cheaper and most things not. You've really got to shop for specific items to get the deal your after. I frequently to and frow between force 4 and the Barge.

Steveeasy

aztec

Visit site
Anyone know if there's a supplier of used marine equipment in or around the Poole area? There used to be many such placeS, like Aladin's Caves for nautical supplies. Sadly, it seems they have dwindled over the years. At least in the UK. Not so in France.

Just had a thought. Can’t remember his name, but try Cobbs Quay, opposite Mike Wills, he’s got shed loads of bit and bobs in there.

JohnGC

Visit site
Marine Bazaar in Plymouth may be able to help.
They have an ebay shop so must ship.
They also have a lot more stock than is on their ebay shop so it may be worth calling them.
01752 201023

John

wombat88

Visit site
Havant Boat Jumble 4th November.

I will go and come back with a handful of stuff that doesn't fit.

A chap who works at the local tip (insert appropriate user friendly terminology) where I get rid of my junk often has a stand.

I am certain I have bought the same bronze cleat off him at least twice...