unknown engine

janner

Visit site
UNKNOWN MARINE ENGINE My late father purchased this marine engine about 50yrs ago, to install in a boat he then owned, it gave excellent performance with the limited use he made of it, unsure of the oil lubricating system, he replaced the engine. Since then it has been in storage and I would be grateful if anyone can identify it. It is a 2 stroke, twin horizontal cylinder type marine engine, circa 1920.
The ignition is a horizontal flywheel magneto supplied by Robert Bosche and a variable pitch propeller was manufactured by Brevis, Gibson and Petrie, the spark plugs are from a British manufacturer with mica rings for insulation.
The main vertical shaft connects to the crown in the sump, which houses the main shaft drive. There is no gear box so the propeller is rotating whilst the engine is in motion, steerage is effected by turning the handle connected to the brass rod within the hollow shaft; this also allows for the boat to remain stationary or for going astern. Cooling water is passed through the cylinder water jackets before discharge and the exhaust pipe is on the back of the motor. The fuel intake has no float, but a mixture of 2 stroke petrol and air is affected by the use of a thumb screw clack valve and a lever on the intake. The oil lubrication pump is an ingenious device which is driven from a worm gear on the main shaft drive.
As my father has now passed away i would like to see this engine in a permanent home where it would be appreciated rather than sitting in my garage collecting dust.

julia.bridge1@btinternet.com

Pictures available please e-mail

Kawasaki

Visit site
Hello janner.
Somebody might know what the Engine is all about but you,d have more response if you re post on Classic or Motor boat Forums.
A picture would be nice too.

Welcome anyway!