Unfriendly Brits -or is it just me

jimi

Visit site
Re: Of course it\'s true Charles....

Stevie babe, whats wrong with Tilley hats & leather sandals. Name your preferred attire and I'll tell you if its elephant proof!

Jim

Visit site
Nothing wrong at all dear boy.....

For chasing elephants that is. I prefer to wear something a bit more well nautical or even a baseball cap using the bit of string Mr Jermain gave me at the LBS to carry my plastic bag home on as a safety strap. How often do tilley hats get blown off? I recovered one in the Alderney race once!

Now a tricorn; NOW you're talking!

Steve Cronin

SteveA

Visit site
Re: Not only the socks....

Getting back to the main thread it seems that the more crowded the area the less friendly people become - my sailing area is the Irish Sea and have never encountered any of this behavior - everyone appears to be friendly and more than happy to help each other - even raggies to stinkies and vice versa!!

Get away from the South coast and get back to the real world!!

marchhare

Visit site
Last year picked up new boat, on the second day after nervous first outing went aground entering marina, unfamiliar boat and sailing area, another boat comes up behind, (won't say what sort, don't want to start another bun fight, although I did note that on ROOM 101 last night Paul Merton allowed Michael Grade to put Power jobs in the room), I called accross to let him know I was aground and was he local?, (expecting either some helpful advice on immediate dilema or some assistance), reply was "NO" and he carried on. Left me completely dissolutioned about the so called "looking out" for fellow sea users. Seems like it was not an isolated case.

claymore

Visit site
What an obtuse bunch

I posted "Is it me" some weeks ago making this very point and you all said it was and there was nothing wrong at all.
Perhaps I should buy one of those tilley lamps you are all banging on about

regards
Claymore