UK-Turkey The other way!

DiverTitch

Visit site
I am looking for information on how to use the Rhine and Danube to get my 57' liveaboard trawler to Turkey. I need info on the cost of using the rivers. Fuel cost in all the countries on the way. Depth of the Danube, I draw 2.5m. Ships papers type problems I might encounter. Infomation on getting conversion work done in the Balkens? Anyone have used Black sea, Rhine or Danube charts for sale. Any info would be helpful.

Look forward to a reply from you or anyone. Titch

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Sounds like a tall order for the motley lot here, to go running up and down the Danube with a two and a half metre stick!!
Especialy with all the sunken ships stuck in it through the X
Yugoslavia.
There have been films done on the telly about such trips though.
Cant you just go round the outside like every one else.
Im sure its allot easier!!

Haydn

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Re: Chicken Run!!

Byron the way you and Pauline have distroyed this poor unfortunate bloke's questions. deserves a penance.
Pauline luv would you please get yer wellys on and just check the depth of the Danube. Errr and Byron be a pal and just whip up there and get the low down on the latest fuel prices would you!!

Haydn

paulineb

Visit site
Re: Chicken Run!!

OK here is the news direct from Austria, having being sent there on special assignment by Haydn. I'm currently wearing my regulation green hunter wellies and can confirm that due to my ability to walk on water, I am unable to check the depth. However not wanting to let you down, I put my wellies on a nearby tourist and threw him in. So I can now report that if you stand near the edge of the Danube you can keep perfectly dry but if you wander towards to centre of the river, then the water comes over the top of your wellies and you're in trouble. This is Pauline Beddoes, News at Ten, in the Danube, Austria handing you back to the studio.

Pauline B

MikeBrazier

Visit site
We can assume that no one has the faintest idea then! :)

There must be books and things available on these subjects, also try a few of the net search engines. there aint much you cant find out via a search engine.

Regards
Mike

paulineb

Visit site
Don\'t get humpy

Don't be such a misog, I gave you the title and author of a book which tells you all about the journey you want to undertake. Also, ChrisP told me over the weekend that you aren't allowed to use the Rhine without a pilot.

Pauline B

BarryD

Visit site
Why bother?

Because amidst the outpourings of frustrated TV presenters, Fred Drifting problems and craic / counter craic - this forum has some pretty good contributors - who seem to want to help.

Motor Boaters seem IMHO to represent the lighter side of sailing/boating. You'd be a bit of a twit if the only source of information you used was this forum!!!!

As for green wellies (or the occasional tourist) being used ot predict depths. Only a fool would use green as we all know the sea in that part of the world is green. Unlike the grey we have in England and the blue they have in the Med. For the best depth testing I'd recomend a short person on a rope...

Barry D.