UK flagged boats in Italy considered Extra-EU flags

paulrack

Visit site
Has anyone who has their UK flagged boats moored in Italy received this request below?

we would like to inform you that starting from 1/1/2021 boats having the UK flag, are considered Extra-EU flags. This means that in order to navigate and be stationed on Italian territory, it is necessary to proceed with temporary admission - constituted/constituted/definitive importation/ considering the date of "arrival" as 1/1/2021 even if the boat arrived earlier.

We inform you that it is important to regularize this practice in order to not incur in the crime of smuggling.

At the moment of the regularization it is necessary to specify the real date of entry in Italy, explaining that since the Brexit was not definitive at that time, the constitution was not necessary.

Below we indicate the contacts of the offices responsible for the fulfillment and attached the relevant form:

julians

Visit site
It doesnt sound right that you would have to TA your boat if it is already VAT paid status in the EU before brexit.

It sounds correct if your boat has not had vat paid in eu previously.

Portofino

Visit site
Post up the form ps .

Gut reaction without sight of said form .......
Suspect as it infers ( to me )its to do with getting a hold of who’s in Italy boat wise in a effort how ever seemingly pointless to combat people smuggling and gen smuggling as they say .

Creating a data base . So patrols time can be optimised chasing the bad guys not repeatedly the same legit boats by different crews . Something like that ?

paulrack

Visit site
I have attached the document to this post. The boat is EU Vat paid and I have sent them that proof. Will post once I get feedback. I suspect it is one of those things where you fill out the forms and send them off and never hear another thing. Am curious if anyone else has been contacted by their marina on this.

Portofino

Visit site
Nope .
Italian boat that was previously in private ownership and has a copy of the blue book on board + shadows of the reg decals I removed when it was IT dereg d and U.K. registered .
You have to be an Italian citizen to put it on the IT reg , bit like UKs really .
So it’s flying a red . Thus far had no recent contact .
How ever on another recent EU VAT thread thread I have been “ done “ by Guardia Finanza so the boats on there system regardless of flag .
If it’s VAT they are enquiring about .